- If your commute consists of riding the metro bus or parking in a garage, try parking a few blocks away or getting off a stop or two earlier than normal and walking the rest of the way.
- Instead of picking up the phone or sending that email, get some face time in by making an effort to go talk to your coworker in his or her office. Just be sure to avoid any candy dishes or temptations to and from.
- Depending on how long your lunch hour runs, make an effort to walk around the block or even around office (depending on size). Organize a group of coworkers and make it the daily routine.
- If you haven’t done so already, replace your normal desk chair with a workout ball to help to strengthen your core and engage your muscles all day long.
- If you feel the day dragging on, inspect your posture. Battling the midday slouch will help to engage your core and keep your back straight.
5 Smart Ways to Exercise at Work
The 9-to-5 work routine can have adverse effects on your health. To help incorporate more physical activity throughout your workday, consider adapting these five tips and tricks from AllWhites.